Prepare for Orientation
During orientation, you will receive materials and information that will be very helpful in getting you acquainted with our campus and the people that are here to help you be academically successful. Later this fall you will also be able to download the Orientation booklet, and the agenda for your session type.
Here are some things that you can do now to prepare for your orientation session.
- Register for orientation through the New Student Center
- Contact us at 479-575-4200 if you need special accommodations during Orientation
- Learn more about academic advising during Orientation
- Finalize your housing contract or request exemption from the freshman residency requirement
- Select a residence hall and roommate (if staying on campus this fall)
- Submit your immunization records to the Pat Walker Health Center
- Submit your final high school transcript to the Office of Admissions, 232 Silas Hunt Hall, Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Activate your UARK account at newuser.uark.edu and familiarize yourself with UAConnect, the University of Arkansas Student Information System
- Learn which math class you currently qualify for on the Math Placement page. If you would like to enroll in a higher-level math class, take the Math Placement Test to see if you qualify.
- If you have already earned college credit through Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or Dual Enrollment courses, send your scores or transcripts to the Office of the Registrar at 141 Uptown East, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701
- If you are unsure of your major, look over our colleges and the list of majors to get an idea of which College Meeting you're most interested in attending during orientation.